6.1.09

so 2009 is here before we knew it . . .

Okay, so the blogging on a regular basis didn't go so well in 2008. Doing better with that is one of my goals for 2009. So is losing five pounds. Don't know where some of those came from, but two of them appeared in the last two weeks of 2008. (Very unwelcomely, I might add.)

So, here are the goals I'm setting for the coming year:

1. Blog on a more regular basis (at least a couple of times a week).
2. Lose 5 pounds.
3. Get into an exercise routine. This will help with #2 and also help get me back into better shape. And, I always feel better when I do.
4. Dress more professionally for work. I don't do horribly with this now, but I need to bust out the iron more and get more wear out of those button-down shirts.
5. Find a new ministry to serve in at church. You can only be a sponge for so long before you can't soak up any more. And, both Brad and I have felt a bit of a restlessness about our involvement with the church.

Five goals. I should probably stop there, although if I thought about it, I could come up with all kinds of things that I need to work on. But, five is reasonable to accomplish.

School is back in session in a week, so all of these things that I'm able to do now (blog, exercise, iron) will be a little harder. We'll see how it goes. But, I keep telling myself that school is not an excuse, and these things will only get harder when we eventually have kids. Now is the time to forge these habits!

Happy 2009!

No comments: