18.6.08

Happy Birthday, Aaron!

Many of you already know that I recently lost a very good friend, Aaron Reed, in a tragic car accident over this past Memorial Day. She was my age, very happily married with three very young boys. Today would have been her 26th birthday. Even as I write this, I can hardly believe it. Things like this don't happen in real life. They happen in books, in movies, in made-for-TV miniseries, but not to real people. Not to the really nice, really good people.

Aaron was one of those people who inspired you to be a better person. To be a better wife. To be a better mother. To be a better friend. To be a better Christian. She was one of the kindest, most truly good-hearted people I've ever been privileged to know. She was very thankful and grateful for her life, her husband, her kids, even in the face of adversity and challenges. And she wasn't afraid to let you know it. Her blog Fabulously Frantic provided some of the inspiration for me to start my blog. She is a reminder to be thankful for every single moment. They are precious, numbered, and fleeting.

Remember her husband, Cameron, and their three sons, Ben, Sam, and Levi, in your prayers. They need God's grace and comfort for the long road ahead.

No comments: