30.6.08

Dandelions

I got a call from our neighbors as I was getting ready to leave work last Friday, and they needed a babysitter for a couple of hours. Brad wasn't going to be home that evening, but I decided I could handle the two of them (provided I didn't plan to get anything else done) and agreed to watch their four-year-old girl, Breanna, and twenty-two-month old boy, Brant.

While we were playing outside, Brant found a puffy dandelion. Breanna thought that was awesome and started looking around the yard for another one. Then . . . she discovered that if you blow on the puffy dandelion, it blows away. Great, I thought. Brad's going to be thrilled. Brant and Breanna combed the yard for every puffy dandelion they could find. I think they found a total of four of them. Brant, however, couldn't tell the difference between the dandelions and any other kind of flowering weed in the yard and blew on all of them. A moment to make you smile.

It's the simple pleasures in life.

No comments: