17.10.09

Into Week 15

So, this week, we had a doctor's appointment. Everything was good, exactly where we needed to be for 15 weeks. So, we now have an ultrasound scheduled for November 2, where we should be able to find out what we're having. Very excited.

I've been trying to rest today. Seems to be my goal every weekend. I'm in search of a maternity coat. It gets pretty cold in the winter here in Kansas City, and since I'm going to be very pregnant throughout this winter, I thought it was a pretty important thing to look for. So far, I haven't found one I think will work yet. Saw maternity coats at Target, but they were trench coats. Don't think that will cut it.

I'm a little concerned about the H1N1 flu stuff. I can't get any vaccines for the flu because of my egg allergy, and I know pregnant women are at a higher risk. Doing the best I can to avoid people who are sick and practicing good prevention (hand-washing and hand-sanitizing all I can). Still, it's concerning.

I'm craving something sweet (which is rare these days), and I'm thinking baked apples. That's somewhat healthy, right?

1 comment:

ArtsyAndi said...

On the coat thing... you may not need one as thick as you think. Nobody will want you to be outside too long (because you might fall on the ice... OH NO! ... rolling my eyes here) Also, you're going to be hot all the time as you get bigger.

Last year I got by with my pre-pregnancy coat left open with a sweatshirt and scarf underneath. :)