13.3.12

New Beginnings

I have been contemplating what to do with my blog lately.  I blog about our family antics elsewhere, and I don't know that I want to limit myself to blogging about one segment of my type-a life.  So, I'm considering blogging about the type-a way I approach life and the things that fill it... the "me" stuff. 

Right now, I'm working to decorate our home.  It's been well over six months since we moved in, and I haven't seen the point in hanging anything until we paint.  Hanging things up prior to painting just means more work to do to perfect my walls before painting, and while I might be type-a personality, I am not an advocate of unnecessary work.  So, needless to say, decorating has been slow. 

Add in to that my masters program, which I am uncharacteristically procrastinating on right now, and a toddler, and that equates to negative free time.

So, that all being said, I am going to try to share the projects and discoveries in my life that make this type-a person happy.  Like the new recipe I tried tonight for Slow Cooker Orange Chicken.  A recipe with great potential with a little better planning.  I overcooked it by turning the slow cooker on high to compensate for forgetting to thaw the chicken last night in all the excitement of going to the zoo today.  But, it definitely has potential, and I will try it again.  I might even take pictures, a la the exciting blogosphere trend. 

On to homework I go.  Boy, will I be glad when this whole education thing is done!

No comments: