8.5.10

parenthood = on-the-job training

Well, parenthood is the most challenging job I've done. I've learned about breastfeeding and survived the first growth spurt. We're tackling making good sleep habits, and I'm working on being more relaxed about everything.

All in all, being a parent is better than I could ever have imagined. It's tough, and knowing how fast she's growing up already breaks my heart, but I love every second. I'm very blessed to be able to stay home with her.

Posts will probably be pretty short, but I'll try to write my thoughts and musings on this new chapter in our lives.

Darcy is already 9 pounds 14.5 ounces and 22 inches long.

1 comment:

Amy Hunt said...

"Musings" is an excellent word. If there was ever a time to not take myself so seriously, it's with motherhood, hands down. I had a jacket on the other day and didn't even notice the dried spit up on the sleeve. I just laughed at myself and threw it in the hamper with the 5,000 other articles of fabric to be washed!