10.4.09

Sick on the Road

Being sick when you're away from home has got to be one of the worst ways you can be sick. I was traveling to Hot Springs, Arkansas, for work on Tuesday and woke up that morning with a slight sore throat. Slight enough that I attributed it to the dry air from all the recent weather changes.

Not so much. In fact, by 5:00 PM that night, I was pretty sure I had a fever. When I took my temperature at 6:00, it was already over 101, and I was pretty sure I was coming down with strep. That was Tuesday, and I was supposed to be in Hot Springs through Friday.

Needless to say, I flew home on Wednesday, and have been trying to recover ever since. Still a little tired, but I feel TONS better.

On a positive note, I've lost the four pounds I've been stressing about lately. Hopefully I won't find them again now that I'm feeling better!

No comments: