26.3.09

Combatting the Mud

So, we embarked on this landscaping endeavor to try to fix the drainage problem in the yard. No water in or near the house, really, just standing water in the back and perpetually squishiness on the sides of the yard. Not ideal when you have two dogs.

So, Brad and his dad and brothers dug French drains and dry wells. And so far, so good. However, we still have a mud issue since the yard is still torn up.

I'm looking for research articles for my homework for this week. I have to find one supporting teen sexual activity and one against it. The surprising thing is that I'm having a fairly difficult time finding a research article that says teen sex is harmful beyond STDs and HIV. Kind of depressing. I am able to find research that says teens who practice abstinence may even be at a disadvantage socially for not engaging in premarital sex.

Finally got a date for my sister's bridal shower. Yeah! I can't believe there are only 65 days until her wedding. My baby sister is all grown up!

We're supposed to get four to eight inches of snow this weekend. What happened to spring??

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I'm not very up-to-speed on all of the abstinence-only vs. comprehensive education literature, but don't discount the STDs. : ) Young people account for nearly 50 percent of the ~19 million new sexually transmitted infections each year.